Monday 20 August 2012

The few lbs are going!

The last three months have been very successful weight wise. Thanks to weight watchers, Im now down nearly two stone so much so that I can fit back into a pair of waist 40 jeans , something I couldnt do for ten years! Reflecting on it, I have an addiction to food and there is a few reasons why . One was emotional eating, if I was bored or had a bad day in work I ate a lot of savoury food (curries and the like) and litres upon litres of coke . Changing the diet was one of the most challenging things I have done but it was also one of the easiest. Out went the coconut milk (the very very and I mean very rare time) as I love Thai food but the coconut milk was replaced with extra light Philadelphia. I cut back on portions of rice. Out the window went the full strength coke and in came the Pepsi Max (no calories at all). Combined with walking three miles approx every night the weight is falling off slowly but surely. All this has not meant I have stopped living. On the contrary. On a Saturday I do not count calories or exercise and I usually have a takeout and will indulge ina  lot of chocoloate but this is always playing at the back of my head! Its all a matter of changing habits and replacing bad habits with healthier ones. If anyone reading this is having trouble with weight gain or just wants a shoulder to cry on or advice of some sorts , give me a shout on facebook or twitter (my twitter is the easiest for most , its twitter.com/DeadlyBuzz69 ). Onwards and upwards! Making a Korma tonight but with light cream and some lamb :)...

3 comments:

  1. From http://doledayblues.blogspot.ie/
    Fair play to you Den. I have the same issue BUT, I tend not to eat regulerly and the have a big meal. I am currantly 10 stone over and just cant get the motavation to loose it. keep up the good work Den. Suprised yoou dont follow my blog.
    Oh yeah! "thank you for contactiing Capital One Bank" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to follow it, what do I click on? Love the boxer by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats Rocky 2, I'm sure you remember I had a boxer (Rocky1) when we worked in Shitel. I know you are on my facebook, but you dont seem to come up anymore. A well, always good Den, Always Good

    ReplyDelete